Eventik aims to provide a powerful and affordable ticket platform to a diverse community around Australia. As part of our relationship with event organisers and users of our service, we have created a set of Community Guidelines to inform, educate and guide appropriate uses of our platform. We want to encourage people to use our services, and to ensure that the content hosted on our platform is respectful and appropriate.
Eventik values its reputation amongst the community, and as such may choose to refuse to continue hosting your event on the basis of maintaining our reputation and servicing our community. This may include scenarios where the Event Organiser or content of the event may draw unwanted attention and traffic to the Eventik site. As part of Eventik’s Terms of Service, we reserve the right to refuse your access to our platform, and remove your event, at our full discretion.
Please note, due to the diverse nature of our community, something that may not be agreeable to you, may not be in violation of our standards.
Eventik reserves the right to change or update these community guidelines at any stage, at which point they will become valid immediately. We encourage our Event Organisers to frequently check our Community Guidelines when creating or posting new events.
Respectful behaviour and appropriate uses of the platform
Eventik Event Organisers are welcome to create events of all sorts. We encourage you to use our platform for a variety of different purposes and events, and enjoy facilitating the use of our services for individuals from diverse communities. We welcome individuals from all sides of the spectrum – political, religious or otherwise, provided that the content of the events hosted on our site do not violate our Community Guidelines.
It is at Eventik’s full discretion as to whether the content of an event violates our standards, and the appropriate actions taken.
Inappropriate uses of the platform
Eventik may not be used to facilitate harmful, illegal or criminal activity of any kind.
You may not use Eventik to post or promote any content that is considered to be (by Eventik’s evaluation only), offensive, harmful, inappropriate, or that we believe to be encouraging of illegal, violent or criminal behaviour or outcomes.
Content includes, but is not limited to: copy, photos, videos, logos and imagery.
Inappropriate content includes, but is not limited to:
- Explicit sexual content (including escort or prostitution services, or pornography)
- Activities that discriminate, demean, harass, intimidate, threaten or express hatred towards any group or individuals on the basis of race, colour, descent, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age
- Activities that are likely to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate on the basis of race, colour, descent, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age
- Activities that encourage bullying, harassment or violence
- Terrorist activity or organised criminal activity
- Sale or ingestion of illegal drugs or substances
- Sale, purchase, trade or distribution of illegal firearms or other weapons and devices designed to cause physical injury
- Content that is fraudulent, deceptive or tortious, or is protected by copyright, trademark or trade secret law, unless you have the express prior written consent of the owner of such right
- Content that has been plagiarised and mimics, copies or otherwise misrepresents another event (which may be considered fraudlent behaviour)
- The use of offensive language including profanities, obscenities and expletives
- Graphic imagery that is of a violent or explicitly sexual nature
Violation of Community Guidelines
If Eventik determines that your event violates our Community Guidelines and we choose to remove your event from the Eventik platform, we will attempt to notify you that we are removing your event.
In the case that your event is reported as being “offensive”, and deemed by Eventik to not be in violation of our community standards; at the discretion of Eventik, we may change your event to Private, in order to remove it from our publicly listed events. You will still be able to access your event and sell tickets, merchandise and collect registrations – however, the site will not be publicly accessible (and you will need to give your audience the unique URL to access the site).